First Visit Experience
As soon as you come in, we will greet you, get you settled in, and take all your pertinent information. You will then spend a bit of time with Dr. Pinney, discussing your oral health history, needs, and what you would like to get out of your long-term dental care. After this get-to-know-you session, we will start your in-depth comprehensive exam. During this exam, Dr. Pinney will analyze and inspect:
- Your face, neck, and mouth for abnormalities
- Your teeth for cavities, wear, or other damage
- Your gums for any sign of gum disease
- Your jaw and bite for balance or the first symptoms of TMJ disorder
- Your soft palate and throat for indicators of sleep apnea
- Your entire mouth for the very first signs of oral cancer
- The deepest, darkest corners of your mouth with our intraoral camera
Depending on when your last x-rays were taken and your situation, we may recommend digital or panoramic x-rays or a 3D CT scan.
Once all the information is collected, Dr. Pinney will sit down with you again to:
- Review the findings
- Educate you on the issues, if there are any
- Explain your options
- Co-create a plan to get and keep your mouth in tip-top shape
Our patients always say how much they appreciate the time we take with them on this first visit. After all, it is the first step toward a lifetime of Juneau smiles!